meridian IT | Social Responsibility
Meridian Group International, Inc. is a company that is infused with energy and instilled with a commitment to doing the right thing for it's employees, it's clients--and it's community. We are Proud of our customer focus, our awards and accolades, and also our numerous outreach activities, which include:
Big Brothers/Big Sisters Program of Lake County serves over 800 children annually through our mentoring programs. They parnter with school districts, colleges, townships/villages/cities, churches, corporations, and other nonprofits to make sure that every child who wants or needs a mentor has access to one.
Walt Whitman Elementary School Mentoring Program - Meridian Group currently has 24 BIGS (both men and women) who provide mentoring to "Littles" at the Walt Whitman Elementary school in Wheeling. We visit our Littles weekly during their lunch hour. We have been participating in this program since 2005.
- June 2009 BBBS End of Year Lunch - Meridian hosted our "Littles" for a lunch at the Meridian offices in Deerfield with special guest appearances by the Chicago Fire including Sparky, (Mascot for the Chicago Fire) and starter, Logan Pause.
- May 2009 Bowl for Kids Sake - Meridian participates in the BBBS bowling fundraiser event and raised more than $5,000.
- December 2008 Laptop Donation - Meridian donated refurbished laptop computers to 25 "Littles" complete with software and computer bag embroidered with each of their names.
- October 2008 The BIG Fall Harvest Fundraiser - Meridian employees are working with the Lake County BBBS Organization on their annual fundraising event. We have donated our time for the following activities - designed and created direct mail package to solicit invitees, co-designed the BBBS website for this event, coordinating the silent auction and raffle prizes, coordinating the decorations for the festivities, staffing the event, etc.
- July 2008 Soccer Match - Meridian sponsored and hosted our "Littles" as our guests at the Chicago Fire Soccer Match.
- 2008 BBBS Annual Bowling Fundraiser - Meridian participates in the BBBS bowling fundraiser event and raised over $7,770
- May 2008 BBBS "Littles" Fieldtrip to Meridian's Corporate Headquarters - We hosted our "Littles" for lunch and a tour of our offices so the kids could see our work environment.
- February 2007 Lippannzer Stallion Show at Sears Centre - Meridian hosted the Walt Whitman students as our guest at the Lippannzer Stallion show at the Sears Centre.
- 2007 BBBS Annual Bowling Fundraiser - Meridian participates in the BBBS bowling fundraiser event and raised over $10,000
Success Is Measured By More Than Mere Numbers
Meridian Group’s Charity Involvement is not limited to any specific organization, location or done for any financial gains. We contribute because we believe in the results of our contributions. We believe that people help people. It is that simple.
Employee Blood Drives - Meridian works with Life Source to hold annual blood drives at our corporate headquarters.
Lee Denim day for Breast Cancer - Meridian participates in the Lee Denim breast cancer fundraiser. We allow employees to wear jeans to work on the Lee Denim day in exchange for a donation to the Susan G. Komen foundation.
Susan G. Komen 3-day Breast Cancer Walk - Meridian sponsored one of their employees as a participant in the Susan G. Komen 3-day Breast Cancer Walk.